Night Lords List MkI - 1000pts



It feels like a very long time since I've written up an army list. It's a longer while since I've played a game, so there's that.

The following is going to be my tester list for both the new Chaos Space Marine Codex and my first experience of 40K under 6th ed rules. It's built to see how CSM's work with mainly Troops, if a Rhino is worth even the small slice of points, and how good Raptors and Bikes are. The 1000pts limit should hopefully make for some fast games, and serve to make sure each choice has to pull its weight. By one issue is going to be vehicles and walkers, but I'm going in knowing that, and hoping to slap a meltabomb on them.

Who knows how it'll play, but that's the point.

Just need to work out how to do good bike conversion.


Chaos Lord


Lighning Claws


Aura of Dark Glory


Melta Bomb


Vet. Of The Long War






10  Chaos Space Marines


CC Weapons (No Bolters)


Plasma Pistol


Power Weapon


Melta Bomb


Vets. Of The Long War



10 Chaos Space Marines


CC Weapons (No Bolters)


Plasma Pistol


Power Weapon


Melta Bomb


Icon Of Vengeance


Vets. Of The Long War





Rhino 


Dirge Caster



10  Chaos Space Marines


Plasma Gun


Melta Bomb


Icon Of Vengeance


Vets. Of The Long War



5  Raptors


Plasma Pistol


Power Weapon


Melt Bomb


Icon Of Vengeance



3  Bikers


Icon Of Vengeance

Hopefully my maths all works out and that is 1000pts (not that you can tell here. Ah well).

Comments

  1. No long range fire support means any army that can dance around you for the first few turns will be unfun to play against. I know I'd set up 18" away and fall back to my table edge whilst smashing all your troops with templates and holding them back with speedbumps... In my experience you can get away with no fire support if you have scary infiltrating units or very fast units to pin the enemy. Even plasma guns instead of pistols would help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping the bikes and Raptors will serve to cover the board fast enough, that the enemy keeping back won't be an issue. I've also got a bit of insider knowledge, in that these test games are unlikely to be played on full size boards, so I don't need the reach I would in a normal battle. If some fire support doesn't make it into this 1000pts iteration, it certainly will when I expand.

      Delete

Post a Comment