From The Æther - 22.12.2012


Here's a blast from the past...

DSC08556

It's an Interceptor from the old GW game Dark Future, taken from the Route 666 Blog. I have the books that were released alongside the game that I've mentioned before. I think I'll be keeping an eye on eBay to see what bits of the game I can find.

An now from something from the past, to something I'm late with. Chpaterhouse have had this kit around for a while, and it's interesting to see what direction others take GW's IP. I like the model, but not the price.

WalkerGrey1-500x500

I've mentioned the Eternal Hunt blog previously on here, but a second mention is more than deserved for this conversion, of Lord Captain Lorimar, a model that becomes all the better when you read the preamble to its creation. It's a situation I can emphathise with as it's a place I'm at with many a project.

lorimar-wip-7

More impressive conversions are to be found in The Eye Of Error 2012 Round Up.


Blight_Dread_Painted_02
DE_Grotesques_Painted_02
I've got reviews lined up for Aaron Dembski-Bowden's Night Lord books, and had been tempted to convert Talos and First Claw. Sadly whatever I attempt will pale before the models from Badab War in Cambridge. Approved by the man himself.

111111
Studio Giraldez has been mentioned on this blog a lot. Who wants to see a step by step gallery through the painting of this model? Head to Facebook.

190065_450453828348863_2018664162_n
And lastly Miniature Tim follows up his thoughts on owning a whole paint range, with a list of his core colours. It's an interesting read.

And that's it for this week. Anything I've missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment