Sunday Photo Page - Crossing the 100,000

This is monstrously self aggrandising, but in just over 11 months of daily posting I've hit 100,000 page views today.

Some of the above will be bots rather than real people, but I'm still pleased.

Sadly last month saw a bit of a drop back from the ridiculous upwards trend I'd seen in pageviews, but I'm still doing well, and yes I have fixed things that so I don't track my own page views, despite Blogger wanting to remind me about it.

In other fun statistics news, here's the running for the top five popular posts of all time on the site. I lack any kind of explanation as to why the top two post should be so far ahead of everyone else or indeed even be the top posts. Colours of Vengeance is catching up well on the Dredd post, especially given it's almost three month's younger, and their both leaving the rest in the dust.



Thank you to anyone that's been part of the eyeballs recorded above, and to the one Bear Grylls spam bot that left a comment, because you were just bizarre, and set up the obvious joke. Especially thanks to the real people that comment it's good to know I'm not just writing into the void all the time.

Comments

  1. Well done, glad to know that you are getting a decent following - I often fear that the relatively few comments you receive is indicative of few followers, which in turn will lead to you losing heart and stopping blogging. This at least allays that concern for the present, as I for one would be sorry if you were to stop blogging. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Good to hear that's at least one person enjoying my output, and it means a lot to know that.

      Delete
  2. Guessing a few more than me; either that or you are an exceptional bot magnet! Whats the story with the Bear Grylls bot though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to get a whole range of spam comments, that seem to all be badly translated German (judging from the occasional unchanged word) and which tend to start by praising the blog then directing me to a totally unrelated link. The Bear Grylls comment is special though, as it just goes for it. For no good reason it can be found on the Ten Thunders post. I've never followed the link, so who knows where it takes you.

      Delete

Post a Comment