EDIT Pt 2 of this tale can be found here.
There most recent update points to it being time to let this Kickstarter go. Here's what Tor have to say.
"We have found a rather interesting barrier to being on Kickstarter, being forced to the GBP! On a daily basis I get messages from people in the US saying they love the models but won’t be pledging because it’s in GBP and they don’t want to have to check exchange rates etc...I have to wonder if the timing, both over the holidays, and just after the DreadBall Kickstarter, has affected the funding as well. I'd also question if drip feeding out the teams and rules had an impact, with people waiting to see the other possibilities.
I am pretty much ready to call it a day already on this as it’s obvious it won’t go anywhere and we can move on to other projects...
We need to concentrate on what is likely to be a success and Kickstarter, with it's insistence that we use GBP is just not happening. We are building a project on IndieGoGo very soon for those that play Relics (or those that want to get into it!) to enable us to sculpt up more models and give us more future releases in hand to help with planning a proper release schedule. A good chance to get models before they are released!
Whilst IndieGoGo has limitations on how pledges are handled, we feel the ability to use USD on it means it much more of a viable platform for us."
The Kickstarter isn't down yet, so things might turn around. Hopefully Tor will take from this what they can and their next project will see them succeed.