Sunday Photo Page - Seditio Wars, Thumbs, Zombies and Painting Prep

 A pretty random selection this weekend.

Firstly, owww. That's all thanks to trimming up the DreadBall models earlier in the week.


 Sedition Wars has arrived, having been shockingly badly packed. I'll be putting up an unboxing on Monday.


I've ticked another item of this month's To Do List, with the mounting of the Yu Jing parts for Infinity. A cocktail stick, superglue, and a tiny bit of polystyrene melted into the join makes a fairly solid painting platform.  Come time to work on these I'll be mounting them in the pin vice, or possibly drill holes in empty paint pots.


Lastly, I've been playing about with two Mantic Zombies to try and improve my painting.  Sadly the picture doesn't do the real life colours justice (the eyes aren't that purple, nor is the flesh that pale), but I have found a nice quick method for zombie flesh I like (tutorial next week) and am much more happier/confident about my abilities, after the lacklustre results I had with the Witchlings (who will be getting stripped this week). I've got the cloth on the second zombie to paint, and finishing touches, including lots of blood splatter, to do to complete the scheme.



8 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I sliced open my right thumb with an X-acto knife a week ago while trimming Dreadball models, too. After a week, it has largely healed. I look forward to the unboxing of Sedition Wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we can take this as a sign of there being too much flash and vents on the models. Sedition Wars is going to be an interesting unboxing.

      Delete
  2. Still waiting for my copy of Sedition Wars to arrive. Should have been Friday, but UPS found the snow too much to handle. Apparently it should be here today, fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY copy arrived cold, and feeling worryingly damp, thanks to the cold and snow, so I hope yours has survived its wait. Best of luck getting it today, weather permitting.

      Delete
    2. Happily it arrived yesterday just before I took myself back off to bed in the morning (the joys of night shifts). So far the sheer volume of stuff is impressive, but I'm holding off unbagging anything until the weekend (when I can get some ziplock bags to decant the various bits into...). Loving the background and aesthetic though :)

      Delete
    3. Sorry for the weirdly capitalised MY in the last comment. Gives it an unfortunate tone.

      Good to hear other people are getting their copies. Wish I'd held back and got some sort of storage option sorted. Everything is mixed in together at the moment and it's annoying.

      Delete
  3. Somehow I have managed to avoid cutting myself despite spend a fair few hours this past week working on Dreadball models, ha ha. Only a matter of time...

    I still have not received my copy of Sedition Wars; I imagine I will receive it sometime this week (not that I don't have other models to work on...). Looking forward to hear your thoughts on the models and the other stuff in the game. Your posts about miniatures are always informative, often commenting on all the stuff I am concerned about (stupid mould-lines and casting issues). Keep up the great work!

    Your zombies look to be coming out nicely. The sculps look quite nice; do they have pre-attached bases like the Dreadball models?

    I really need to start painting again, it has probably been around 6 years... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you avoid DreadBall related injury.

      The Sedition Wars Unboxing will go up later today, followed by individual posts for the two factions. I'm glad you like the reviews, I'll do my best to cover everything.

      The zombies do have pre attached bases, but are noticeably different from the DreadBall models in that they come on a proper sprue with multiple parts, the plastic is much nicer to work, and there are fewer mould lines.

      I've set myself a bit of time aside to get a small bit of daily painting done. It's not much, but it's chipping away at things, and should hopefully improve my style. It also means that when I do a big project I'm not going to have to get over the hump of not having painted for months (which was the issue with the Witchlings).

      Delete