I'm keen to curtail the number of models backing up on my shelves, and the easiest way to do this, short of increasing my painting speed exponentially, is to cut down on what is coming in. To that end I've got a short-list of what I want to buy, and I'm going to try not to go beyond this. It's still being roughed out as the February releases are revealed, but you'll see it next week I hope.
Painting - Wet Blending
I want to push myself, and to that end I'm going to play around with wet blending. This means finding some means of practising without ruining models, as while stripping paint from them is easier, it's not a task I want to do needlessly. I've got some old sprues I'm going to play around with and see what happens.I've got other techniques I want to play around with as well, but everything else I'm happy doing as I go.
I want to get my Death Marshal Crew painted this month, depending upon the above, at the heady total of five models. This will mean a bit of converting, and dealing with the bases, before I get started, but hopefully I can make a good start.
Now I've got the older models stripped down it's time to start the newer conversions. I think it's time to break out the bits box and have a play. As I'll be keeping many of the older models the same, so it'll mainly be plastic bashing. I need to do a bit of research and plan out what I want to do, so expect a rambling post about characters at some point.
I've not got anything planned for this month, for fear of spreading myself too thin. I do want to get a review up of the Campaign: Paradiso book though. As with Malifaux, there are bases to deal with, and that will require a bit of thought.
Now I have the models it's time to get things put together, which will mean a bit of assembly of the new kits (along with reviews), and some more magnetizing of Warjacks. I also need to plan a paint scheme.
I've got the game to put together, which will no doubt mean a couple of evening's work. Assembling things is as far as I want to go, to make the game playable, and not much further than that.
As the comments on the team reviews show the mould lines on the DreadBall plastics are not easy to remove. In order to get to grips with them I'll be working on them on and off.
And that, I think is the lot. There's the ticklish feeling that I've missed something off, but it'll come to me no doubt.