Failure For March

Oh it's not gone well this month. Annoyingly it's not because something else has wholly stolen my attention, and I can show that off instead. There is something stealing my time, and I reveal that way later in the year. It's not a big thing though.

It's not just hobby that's suffered, as writing has taken a kick in the face as well.

So what have I managed? As ever the goals are repeated here in grey.

Malifaux

I need to set aside a few days and just sit down and get the crews painted. The bases will come along during the evenings, as I'll go mad trying to do them in one lot. This is the big project of the month, and it's going to get done one way or the other, along with...

Oh this one get set aside, in favour of Infinity. A little progress was made, but not much, with the bases done, and a tiny bit of painting.

INQ28/Necromunda

I've got designs on the Empire Witch Hunter as the basis for an Inquisitor so we'll see how that comes. It'll give me a chance to play around with Finecast, so if nothing else it'll be a learning curve. The big thing is going to be moving him from being a Fantasy model to one more at home in the 40K universe.

I've done a bit of cutting work, and need to firm out what I'm doing with bits of this model, like the armour plate on the leg. I need a bigger idea of the crew that will run with him.

Infinity

Beyond the oft mention Campaign Book review there's nothing I want to get to this month, as my attention is going to be focused on the above.

Well that showed a lack of foresight. Painting and repainting the Yu Jing took most of my hobby time this month. I'm glad I decided to restart them, as I'm much happy with how they're coming along. I'm about half way through the campaign book, which is good, and should have a review up soon.

Warmachine/Hordes

I've got models to put together and prep for painting, but I'm going to leave magnetising the Warjacks for another month.

I've not even done this much. I may have picked up one Warmachine model to move it this month.

Other

There's an ever increasing list of things I need to talk about, and we'll see what I get around to, but at the moment putting it up here is a recipe for moaning about not having done it come the end of the month. I'd rather have all the above ticked off, as short a list as it is, than have a longer list and a fail to manage all of it.

This does show a bit of sensible looking ahead, given how badly the rest went, although I was horribly optimistic about the above list. 

Tomorrow I'll set out my plan for April, which will likely be even shorter, and hopefully more achievable. In the main it's a question of getting back into a routine than sits me in front of painting every two days, if not daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment